Each year during the spring rowing season, EVRSA asks that each club in this region that participates in the Regattas held at NBG assume responsibility for some aspect of running the regattas. HRC’s responsibility is running the regatta office and T-shirt sales. Duties include, receiving, documenting and posting of race results. Prior to the first regatta there will be a training session set up for the volunteers, a mock regatta. Here volunteers learn how the regatta works and about their specific duties. Practice parent points are awarded for signing up to work during these regattas.
Directions to Regattas
Norfolk Botanical Gardens
Pass through the post/entrance, where you will pay the fee to park at the Botanical Gardens.
If you are arriving before 9 am, follow the parking attendant instructions. Parking is sometimes limited. Please be aware that if you park illegally, your car will be towed. The regatta sight is to the left of the Botanical Garden Entrance Gate. (Bathrooms are available, but often run out of supplies. T-shirts will be sold. There are not, traditionally, any food vendors at this regatta, but there is a cafe at the Gardens. If you are a member of the gardens, you may use all of your normal privileges, including parking. All visitors may tour the gardens while they are at the regatta.)
Naval Facilities Engineering Command Lafayette River Annex
6506 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23508
Entrance from the back gate is off Lexan Avenue – light with D’Egg West and Taste Unlimited at the corners. All vetted rowers, parents, spectators should use this as an entry point. Main entrance for boat trailers is off Hampton Blvd.
Head of the James
Robious Landing Park
3800 James River Road, Midlothian, Virginia 23113
1. Take I-64 West towards Richmond
2. Take Exit 200 to merge onto I-295 North toward Washington, DC
3. Take Exit 53A to merge onto I-64 West toward Charlottesville
4. Take Exit 175 for State Hwy 288 South
5. Merge onto VA-288 South
6. Take the exit toward Huguenot Trail
7. Turn Left at Huguenot Trail
8. Turn Left at Robious Forest Way then turn left at James River Rd.
1070 Williams Wharf Road, Mathews, Virginia 23109
1. Take 64 West towards Williamsburg to Route 17 (J. Clyde Morris Blvd) Exit.
2. Follow Route 17 North through Gloucester County
3. Turn right on Route 17 Business after you pass Wal-Mart
4. Turn right onto Route 14 at the first stop light
5. Follow Route 14 until you reach a stop sign (about 12 miles)
6. Turn right onto Route 14 /Route 198. Turn right at the first stop sign. (There will be a Hardees here)
7. Drive about 2 miles and turn right on Route 614
8. Follow to the end of Williams Wharf until you reach the parking attendant.
1. Take I-64 West toward Richmond
2. Take 295 North toward Washington, DC
3. Pick up 95 North toward DC
4. Take i-95 to Lorton Exit (Route 642)
5. Go Right onto Furnace Rd. to Ox Road (Route 123)
6. Bear Right onto OX Road and go 1.2 miles to Hampton Rd.
7. (Route 647) (also marked by a sign for Fountainhead Regional Park)
8. Turn left on Hampton Rd. to Van Thompson Rd.
9. Bear left onto Van Thompson Road to Sandy Run Regional Park
Occoquan hotel information
Hampton Inn in Woodbridge, VA is the team hotel this year for the Occoquan regattas.
1240 Annapolis Way Woodbridge, VA 22191
Head of the Lafayette
1650 Willow Wood Road, Norfolk, Virginia
1. Take I-64 West toward Richmond
2. Take Exit 277A to merge on to VA-168S/Tidewater Dr.
3. Turn right at Willow Dr.
4. The regatta is being held at Lakewood Park